The 2012 Olympic gymnastics competition in London was full of drama. In women's artistic gymnastics, the US dominated, winning the team gold, and two nights later, American Gabby Douglas won the all-around gold as well. The Russian team, as expected, has been the Americans' chief competitor, taking the silver in team, and the silver and bronze in the all-around.
On the men's side, the US ended up off of the podium with a disappointing fifth-place finish, but US Olympic Trials champ Danell Leyva earned a bronze in the all-around competition. Overall, China and Japan were the most successful teams in men's gymnastics, as they have been for the last decade.
More about Olympic Gymnastics:
Olympic Rules & Scoring:
- The 2012 US Olympic Women's Team
- The 2012 US Olympic Men's Team
- The Top Olympic Gymnasts in London
- What Happened to Your Favorite Gymnasts of the Past?
Olympic Gymnastics History:
- Gymnastics History in Pictures
- Past Olympic Gymnastics Medalists
- The Greatest Moments in Olympic Gymnastics
- The 9 Most Controversial Gymnastics Moments
- 2008 Olympic Highlights
- Past US Olympic Team Rosters