The next step is to try a back bend kickover over a barrel mat or with a spotter:
- Start standing up, with your arms stretched over your head.
- Arch back slowly, using the barrel mat or a spotter to support your back.
- Continue to arch back until you reach a bridge position. That was the backend.
- Now you'll start the kickover. Push off with both legs at the same time, so your weight shifts to your hands.
- Use the barrel mat or have your spotter help you kick your legs all the way up until you reach a handstand position.
- Then step down one leg at a time into a lunge, as you would from a handstand.
When both you and your coach feel that you're ready, try the backbend kickover without a spotter or the barrel.