From the article: Gymnastics Photos: Good vs. Poor Form
Who would be your pick for the gymnast with the best form? Tell us! It can be a gymnast past or present -- post a video link of the gymnast if you can, too. Share Your Pick
Best Tumbling Form - Hands Down
- Though "form" isn't clearly defined her, I'd like to cast a vote for Alicia Sacramone. Her tumbling is UNRIVALED in perfect form. She may not have had the greatest leaps, but you will likely NEVER find footage of Sacramone "cowboying" her Arabian double fronts or crossing/bending her legs on her twists! That's not even talking about the ridiculous height she got on floor and vault! Combined with her amazing execution of her skills, she FLEW! She may have lacked grace when it came to dance, but when tumbling- nobody had form like hers.
- —Guest Blake
- I think good form is easier for power gymnasts, because everything is so contained, ie Shawn Johnson. With an "artistic" gymnast like Nastia you notice mediocre form immediately. Nastia has great form for someone who's taller and with long legs and longer feet. Her toe point is fantastic. But I have to give the medal to Komova, her form just looks effortless. It's beautiful to watch. Worst form goes to Ali Raisman. If she had Nastia's body type, it would be a disaster.
- —Guest thinkg
- Surprised no one mentioned the Chinese team who are known for their impeccable form. Cheng Fei was the best on the best team in this aspect so I pick her. And Nastia liukin and Shawn Johnson? I actually do like them both, but Nastia had bent knees on uneven bar giants, and crossed or cowboyed every dismount and floor somersault. Shawn Johnson had good leg form, but terrible flexibility which rules her out. My second pick is Shannon Miller, third Yang Bo.
- —Guest Alex
- Oh, definitely Shawn Johnson. Her movements are like the athletic equivalent of fine art, particularly painting.
- —Guest Shemp9971
Gymnast With The Best Form
- I think that Ivana Hong has the best form ever...She has a gorgeous double front.
- —Guest Michael
- Shawn Johnson is the best. She's not tall and lean, but she has amazing form.
- —Guest sapharra
- I like Nastia Liukin's artistry, and often she has good form; however I think Shawn Johnson is more consistent with excellent form. Nastia's sheep jump (feet, gah) and her uneven bars dismount from '08 keep me from voting her as having the best form.
- —Guest Momo
Which Gymnast Has the Best Form?
- Shawn Johnson, hands down! Maybe she's not the most graceful, artistically speaking, but when it comes to good form, she's one of the best! Sometimes she tends to be a little sloppy, but given the strength that she needs to complete some of her most difficult skills, still looks great! Secondly I would say that Courtney McCool has excellent form!
- —Guest roch20
- Definitely Nastia Liukin. She has textbook form. She's incredible! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXryyqknXQo
Gymnast with best form
- Shawn Johnson! I am totally agreeing with everyone that put Shawn! She is an amazing gymnast and always has great form! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tooPCeR3IIY
- —Guest Andrea Juergens
Gymnast with the Best Form
- It has to be Courtney Kupets. She's very tight and her toes are always pointed. She's always consistent and clean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlZBHYS6xeM
- —Guest Katie
Gymnast With Best Form: Courtney McCool
- 2004 was the best year of McCool's career. Too bad she didn't do her best in qualifications at the Olympics. Her toe point and extension are both incredible. Her legs are glued together and that is the straightest double layout dismount I have ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cglLBTSHY6A
- —Guest Megan
- I would have to agree with whomever put Shawn Johnson. She does have outstanding form, She never crosses her legs during a twisting element and she always points her toes on bars. Just because she isn't as long as some of the other gymnasts, people tend to miss out on the fact that besides having awesome tumbling skills she always maintains good form. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnrS4o-dQLE
- —Guest Ruby
Best Form -- Shawn Johnson
- I know everyone doesn't like her form because she isn't long and lean, but look at any of her events....toes are pointed, arms straight, etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnrS4o-dQLE
- —Guest katie
- I just love Lilia Podkopayeva and Shannon Miller. Both have amazing extension and toe point. I am obsessed with pointed toes, and they are always right on! Lilia Podkopayeva: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4PoP7aCf8I Shannon Miller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6X7qFDiscE
- —Guest julie
1-15 of 18Next