Tell us about your experience. All reviews can be anonymous, but be sure to include as much info as you can:
- Whether you're a gymnast, coach, or parent, and what level you are (e.g. Parent of a level 5 gymnast)
- What you like and don't like about the camp. Talk about equipment, coaching, costs, camp activities and location, and anything else you'd like here.
- Would you recommend the camp? Feel free to rate it 1-10. (10 is best). Review Your Camp
- Amazing camp all around fanomanal I loved it so much another good camp is the htpc camp in corilaine Idaho
- —Guest Brookyln.
Great experience for first-time visitor
- Mostly fun summer camp; 2/3 of day devoted to gymnastics; evenings - recreation/social activities (commuters can participate for small additional fee). Helpful takeaways IF your kid's program at home helps or allows her to apply what she learns immediately upon her return. Camp "coaches" are actually other young gymnasts/athletes (late-teens/20-somethings) from around world - more like interns, but do lend expertise and informed advice. Enthusiastic, hard working, encouraging for even small progress (good for young kids, 1st-timers or strugglers). Campers under 10 should go with older teammate(s)/buddy to help them communicate effectively, especially with English-challenged Int'l coaches. Or they might end up in wrong line/level on day 1. Camp facilities typical of older camps in southern US - musty odors, a bit grimy and worn, etc. Not intended to be a posh, 5-star resort. Great life experience for any gymnast, dancer. Send your kid for at least 1 week if you can!
Karolyi Summer Camp
- The Girls LOVED this camp. My daughter (11) and her friend (10) went as cheerleaders. There were about 40 girls there for cheerleading or power tumbling. The rest of the 300 girls were all there for gymnastics. We assumed the our cheerleading girls would not see or spend anytime with Bela. However, within 1 hour of being there, he road up delivering something on his ATV and took pix. My daughter said he was there everyday walking around to see each girl practice and would cheer them on during practice. The coach & counselor staff was abundant. They were everywhere! The girls loved all of them too. They had specific coaches there for the cheerleaders and power tumblers. Even though they practiced for 6 hours each day, they had down time to do what they wanted...swim, ride horses, exotic petting zoo, basketball, tennis, soccer ,etc. The cabins & living arrangements were just like a typical sleep-away camp. They had to get use to the bugs, quirky water pressure... Going next year!
Brooke level 8
- i went in 2008 with my bestfriend and I had a blast. it was absolutely amazing. a great experience for a gymnast especially getting to meet bela. and it's a great chance for you to bond with teammates/coaches since parents won't be there. the food was great. all the activities were so much fun. I did have to leave a day early because i had an allergic reaction and had a really bad rash. but that probably won't happen to most people. we are going back next year which is very excited. I would definitely recommend going.
LOVE This Camp!!
- I am going this year and have gone 2 times before! This camp is still fun to go alone with!
- —Guest Lani level 7/8
- I loved Karolyi's camp! I had a blast! But it seems more fun to go with friends! I went alone but I met a lot of people but go with friends! And remember to bring snacks and drinks to have in your cabin!
- —Guest Level 5 Gymnast
It was a good experience-Gymnast
- The cost was really cheap.But you got to see Bela Karoyli.The facalities of the cabins werent the best.But they werent bad.Lets just say that the cabins arent really furnished and new like my typical summer camps.But the full sized refridgerator and freazer came in handy.The facilities of the actual gym are good.Its amazing knowing that the #1 gymnast in the world's sweat is on the beam you are standing on.You use the actual facilities that the National Team uses.I liked that we could actaully bring our Iphones and Ipods and other electronics.The gym is like half a mile away from the cabins.So actually getting to the gym is basically the pre-stretch warm up.The food was good.Considering the camp is rrun by marta and bela you would expect everything to be healthy .but it wasnt all health saavy food.They actually had delicous camp food.
- —Guest Anonymous