Gymnasts -- share what you love best about gymnastics. Is it learning new skills? Competing? Being a part of a team? Tell us why you do the sport. Tell Us
- Nothing makes me feel better than being on a gymnastics floor! Dancing and flipping and showing of Infront of a massive crowed! Gymnastics was my first love! I was born to be the best I could be, me and a tumble track use to be unsepratable, tumbling was my thing none of the pretty balances! My parents couldn't be more prouder in me watching me preform at my best! Sadly I had a big accident on the floor and a result of that I may never be able to do gymnastics again.
- —Guest Kirsty
Y i ❤️ gymnastics
- I love gymnastics because you make so many friends and it makes you stronger and it's sooooooooooooooooooo much fun (level 6)
- —Guest Lolly
I just do
- I just do. It's like another part of me. I can truly be myself
- —Guest Chloe
- I started learning competitive gymnastics when I was 6, I was only in level 1 and I got really sick of it so I quit. So then when I turned 12, someone inspired me with their flexibility. From that day on, I practised and stretched every day and I couldn't believe how flexible I got, I could do the splits, balance a handstand, handspring and much more. I asked my mum if I could start gym again but she said "no, its too far and its too late to start". I forced her so much and finally the day came but I did recreational gym coz it was only 1 day. At the moment, I enjoy gymnastics so much. I've learned so many tricks, my coach is so supportive and pushes me to do my best everyday. I love all the challenges I come across and when I do them I feel so proud of myself. Gymnastics isn't just my sport it is my life!
- —Guest Sonali Wadhwa
- I do gymnastics because I want to become an olympic gymnast.I stand up to Gabby Douglas and she is my hero. I started doing gymnastics when I was 7 and I loved it the second I started. My best friend inspired me and that made me really happy because she knew I would be good at it and that it's right for me. Also, It doesn't matter if you 6 or 60, you can start gymnastics and I really want to be your inspiration to do it. Well, that's why I do gymnastics and I hope you liked reading it.
- —Guest gymnast
- I do it because it gives me strength and I love it
- —Guest guestgym
IT HELPS ME , I LOVE IT. I
- gymnastics helps me get my mind off of things i dont want to think about. like once i kept a really big secret from my freind and gymntics let me forget about it and I dint want to stop. at gymnastics my club thinks i hate gymnastics but i really love it and im the worst and first gymnast at my club and people make fun of me, but i learned that i dont care what people say about me im there to do my best and i love gymnasts so im going to keep doing gymnastics and keep loving it. Its also a great sport and im 10 and in level 6. I have come far that im going to keep going. WOW I JUST SPILLED MY GUTS OUT SEE YOU NEXT TIME.
- —Guest clare minar
to every gymnast, new or old.
- i just joined gymnastics a few months ago. and i improved alot, and it taught me alot of things. my lifes pretty tough right now, and gymnastics lets me escape the world im in and vacation in another. im in level 4 now, and im in a level 4 -level 7 class. i watch the other girls in my class and see how good they are. and it makes me quite jealous. im the only one there who's not in competition. but then i think to myself. im no different, we're all the same. and if i train hard enough then maybe ill be at the same level they're at. in life that taught me something. i used to just sit in my room all day doing nothing, in spring break it got pretty bad and i wouldn't eat for days. i would just sit their on my laptop, and i would watch the other girls hanging out, having fun, being fit. and i got jealous. then when my parents put me in gymnastics, i thought to myself. im the one who is doing this to me. im doing this to myself. and i started "training" in life. and i accomplished my goals
- —Guest anon
It's just cause
- I just love it. It's hard to explain. I love it because when I'm feeling a little sad or extremely mad, it makes me feel better about myself because I know I can do something somepeoe can't.
- —Guest Angie
I love gymnastics so much!
- I honestly couldn't live without gymnastics. It's my life; I think the reason I love it so much is because it's so challenging. I love a challenge, i love pushing myself and working hard, it makes you feel good about yourself and boosts your confidence. It's super fun, and you get to meet new people amd make friends. Gymnastics is awesome!
- —Guest AC
- i started gymnastics when i was 4, my teacher saw me @ school playground and called me up and said: have your mom come to see me.... my mom came, she told the teacher her other daughter was in the team.... ohhh which one is it.... my absolute opposite of me... teacher said, take this one out and put this one in... "me", so talent scouting its crucial...... gymnastics taught me all kinds of values..... responsibility, consistency, repetition, never to give up, always go for it with decision, perseverance, continuity, character, team playing, knowing what u are good at or what u suck at....... i am stronger, aware, constant and self confident.... and many more amazing things all because of my gymnastics training.... best sport ever!!! i hold the tittle of national champion in beam!! and 8th best all -a-round in my country VENEZUELA proudly!! its hard but it pays off!!!!
- —Guest marialex
Why i do gymnastics
- Because it keeps you fit! Healthy! it's enjoyable! And it's challenging ! Gotta love gymnastics
- —Guest Miss Lala
- I love gymnastics and without doing it everyday I go bonkers. And plus all the things you can do are epic!!
- —Guest Matt
- gymnastics is my life. I only started this year and i am in level two already. This year i am going to comp because i am good at the beam vault and bar but not soo good at the floor but i will get there. Thanks to my coach frances ur the best x :)
- —Guest rikki
To all you "old" gymnasts out there
- I normally don't post anything on the web, but when I saw this I thought it was so cool, I couldn't resist. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who started doing gymnastics really late, and I do feel a little bit sad when I see how good other girls my age are. I started doing gymnastics at the age of 13 with no previous experience... I couldn't even do a handstand. I just turned 15, I'm still not great (level 3), but I have come so far, and learned so much from gymnastics. I am so grateful for the lessons that it has taught me, the lessons that apply outside the gym too. It is such an underrated sport! People think it's not hard, but you have to practice so much and give your 110% to every single practice. And that is what I love about gymnastics. I love the fact that you come home worn out everyday, and slip into bed exhausted because you have pushed yourself so hard but with a contented smile on your face because you have achieved something new.
- —Guest Anon