There's no doubt this NCAAs -- held this past weekend in Birmingham, Ala. -- was awesome overall: We had the first tie ever, and it was between two well-deserving teams, plus sentimental favorites like Samantha Shapiro earned a spot on the podium in event finals.
But there were disappointments too: For starters, Danusia Francis should have been in beam finals. And we would have loved to see "No Grips Dabritz" on bars and floor. Find out the rest of our top 4 highs and lows from this year's NCAAs.
Super Six Team Finals Results
Event Finals Results
In honor of ugly leotards everywhere -- and the poor gymnasts forced to wear them -- we present seven of the most terrible leotards we could find.
Related: 10 Gorgeous Gymnastics Photos
Sam Mikulak, a 2012 Olympian, and Elizabeth Price, an alternate for the 2012 Olympic team, took home the respective titles at the 2014 American Cup on Saturday.
In the end, both easily captured the win, though Price's victory was a blowout -- nearly 2.5 points over her US teammate Brenna Dowell.
1. Sam Mikulak, Corona del Mar, Calif., 90.098
2. Shogo Nonomura, Japan, 88.965
3. Daniel Purvis, Great Britain, 88.899
4. Fabian Hambuechen, Germany, 88.431
5. John Orozco, Bronx, N.Y., 88.065
6. Andrey Likhovitskiy, Belarus, 86.830
7. Fabian Gonzalez, Spain, 85.931
8. Sergio Sasaki Junior, Brazil, 82.831
9. Sam Oldham, Great Britain, 82.666
1. Elizabeth Price, Coopersburg, Pa., 59.966
2. Brenna Dowell, Odessa, Mo., 57.532
3. Giulia Steingruber, Switzerland, 57.332
4. Victoria Moors, Canada, 56.898
5. Vanessa Ferrari, Italy, 56.766
6. Roxana Popa Nedelcu, Spain, 54.865
7. Sophie Scheder, Germany, 54.331
8. Carlotta Ferlito, Italy, 53.632
More on the 2014 American Cup.
What is the American Cup?
Simone Biles, the 2013 world all-around champ, has withdrawn from the American Cup. The press release from USA Gymnastics says, "Biles, who has been nursing a shoulder injury, aggravated that shoulder during the pre-competition training camp at the USA Gymnastics National Team Training Center at the Karolyi Ranch, a US Olympic training site. She is expected to get an MRI in the near future."
No further word on the injury, but hopefully it's not a big one. Larisa Iordache and Kyla Ross also previously withdrew from the American Cup, which will be held on Mar. 1 in Greensboro, N.C. Brenna Dowell, a member of the 2013 world team, will replace Biles.
The meet will be aired live on NBC from 1-3pm ET, and streamed live on the USA gymnastics website from 11:30am-1pm ET. USA Gymnastics will also be streaming podium training on Thursday -- 10:30am-12:30pm ET for the women and 1:30-3:30pm ET for the men. (Get the full American Cup roster here.)